Welcome to the Key to Your Connected Community
A private environment for you to connect with your neighbours
|Communications for Today Easily communicate and share information with your neighbours via the online discussion forums, email and text messaging||Connect for a Great NeighbourhoodLook out for each other, share useful local information, organise events, poll for opinions and support, and keep up to date||Easy Subscription Payment & ReceiptsSecure online payment of your Subscription Fee, Manage your account and download your receipts||
Secure & Private
Verifying Members so only real neighbours allowed, you control your personal data, GDPR assurance, secure password protection
We are delighted to welcome you to the Eagle Valley Members Portal! This is a new system for the Association so we hope you will have a good experience. We’d love your feedback! Doubtless we will have a few bugs so please let us know of any issues you have by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you start, some points on using the Members Portal and how to get started.
Managing Your Privacy & GDPR Consents:
Managing Your Profile in the Portal
Check your Profile by going to the top Menu Bar, click on <My Account> and select <My Profile>
- Check your Email Address & Mobile Number is correct as this is a requirement to use the Portal
- “… I want to change my Profile details” Members can manage all data in their own profiles on the <My Profile> page
- Username and password
- Full name
- Home, work and mobile phone numbers
- Up to two email addresses
- A photograph or avatar
- “… I want to keep my contact details private” Whilst portal administrators can see all members’ contact details, the details that are visible to other members are controlled on an opt-in basis; we call this ‘sharing’ of contact details. By default, no contact details will be visible. Members can explicitly select which of their details will be visible. So, for example, they could make their email address visible or just their mobile phone number (However, both email and mobile are required to use the site but will be kept hidden by default unless the Member clicks the share icon on the details on their Profile)
- “… but if my email address isn’t shared, how can other members contact me directly?” The Eagle Valley Member Portal has a ‘Message Me’ facility which allows members to send an email to a single other member without knowing what their email address is. Naturally, the sender will have to reveal their own email address in the process though. This feature allows communication between members without members having to worry about being spammed.
- “… I want to share/not share my contact details and photo with other Members” Click on the pencil icon next to the data point and then tick the “Is Shared” check box to on to share with other Members.
- Click on <My Account> and select <My Profile> and go to the detail for which you want to set the sharing permissions. When you tick the green OK button, you will see there is now a green eye icon next to your details indicating that these are shared with other Members.
- Conversely, if you untick the Is Shared box, there is a red eye icon next to your details showing that they wont be shared with other Members.
What an Active Member can do on the Portal
Welcome to the Key to Your Connected Community
We hope the new Portal will be a big help as a Communications Centre in connecting our community here in Eagle Valley and enables us as volunteers with tools to more easily administer the Association.
All our Members have been emailed their new login details to the Portal. Any family, tenants, agents etc. attached to a Member Eagle Valley Household who register their email and mobile number can get a login to the Members Portal.
If you haven’t received an email with your login details, please email email@example.com so we can check your correct details are in the system and reissue your login details.
What you can do on the new Eagle Valley Member Portal …
Active Members are registered and associated with a House whose Subscription fees are paid up to date. (i.e. the registered Primary Contact Member and Associate Members of a Household). If your Subscription is not up to date, you can still login and pay your Subscription online. However, you will not have access to many of the features below as an overdue Member.
As an Active Member, you can:
- Manage Your Profile: Update your contact details, profile and add your picture so other Members get to know you.
- Make Payments Online: Pay your Subscription fee online using your Credit/Debit Card via Stripe.
- Get Receipts & Manage your Subscription: check your Subscription status & download receipts for payments
- Register other Members of your Household to participate in the Association under the Subscription Membership payment you have made for your House (i.e. children, family group members, tenants, rental agencies etc) Members can manage their own profiles (and those of their children, family group members, tenants, rental agencies etc.) associated with their House Membership
- Forum Discussions groups to voice your opinions and needs and participate in discussions with other Members e.g. Marketplace, Rental Listings, Find a Tradesperson, Maintenance, Security & Anti Social etc
- Keep Up to Date with Email Notifications: You can set your Notification Preferences for an email alert to be sent to you for any changes to any pages or discussions that you are following in the Portal.
- Member Directory which allows members to look up other members and contact them directly. Members can explicitly select which of their details will be visible. So, for example, they could make their email address visible or just their mobile phone number. We encourage Member’s to share their contact details to help get to know your neighbours. However, Members can choose not to give their contact details and still be contactable with the ‘Message Me’ facility.
- Contact other Members directly (with correct privacy safeguards) with the ‘Message Me’ facility which allows members to send an email to a single other member without knowing what their email address is. Naturally, the sender will have to reveal their own email address in the process though. This feature allows communication between members without members having to worry about being spammed.
- Events Sign up for Member events such as social events, meetings, sports etc. on the website.
- Teams & League Management:The system offers extensive team management functionality that is applicable to everything from tennis teams of two doubles pairs to cricket, football or rugby teams. It can help people agree a date to run an event with full availability tracking capability with players able to declare their availability or non-availability for all match days in advance.
- Area Communication: With Eagle Valley being such a large estate, we’ve organised into Areas – visit Eagle Valley Organisation for details. The system allows each Area of Eagle Valley have its own membership groups and organise their own events and discussion groups for items of interest in their immediate area/street. The Area’s are managed by Area Representatives. (visit Area Representatives to see who is your Area Representative)
More details on the features are available when you sign in and go to Help on the Menu and select Quick Introduction for Members
Your Privacy & Security
Over the coming months, we’ll be improving the Members Portal as we roll out new features. Your feedback and suggestions for the site would be most appreciated to firstname.lastname@example.org